Discover and manage python packages from the GitLab Package Registry user interface
Problem to solve
The GitLab PyPI Repository allows developers to build, publish and share Python packages, right alongside their source code and CI Pipelines. However, the MVC does not include a front end, which prevents users from viewing packages and package details from GitLab.
- Delaney (Development Team Lead)
- Sasha (Software Developer)
- Devon (DevOps Engineer)
- Sidney (Systems Administrator)
Ensure that packages uploaded to the GitLab PyPI Repository are discoverable via the user interface.
- Add a new tab called
PyPIto the project-level and group-level Package Registry user interface.
- PyPI packages should be included in both the
- Ensure all relevant metadata is displayed.
- Add installation / setup instructions to the details page.
Metadata (for the UI)
- Download URL
- Author email
Permissions and Security
Project Permissions: UI
|Install a package||x||x||x||x|
|Publish a package||x||x||x|
- Update PyPI documentation to include UI examples
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Measure the total number of page views to the PyPI tab
- Measure the usage of other UI features like sorting, package deletion, and copying setup/install commands