Import/Export Label Configuration & Issue Board Layout
I am ramping up development on a new app and all of the backend infrastructure. I have found it extremely time consuming to set up all of the required repositories, issue boards and labels etc that all match. So much so that 11 are incomplete as I haven't the time.
I'd love to be able to export a JSON file from Gitlab that contains the config for all of my labels and the default issue board columns from a repository I have spent time configuring, so that I can quickly import it into a new project and get back to development.
Links / references
Why should someone use this feature? Nobody wants to be spending excess time creating labels and issue boards when they could be finishing the end product.
What is the underlying (business) problem? The time required to create labels and issue boards that are uniform across 18-25 repositories in a series of groups.
How do you use this feature?
- Below are two images of how these controls could look. I took inspiration from the Issues page "export as csv" option.
- The "import" button will launch the open file dialog of the browser, allowing you to choose the pre-saved config file.
- The "export" button would simply download the file containing the label config.
- Anybody who has more than one repository on GitLab for the same project/system.
- Those who find it laborious (me) to spend time manually creating lots of labels that match across all of their repositories for a project/system.