Add visual review tools to sample project templates
Problem to solve
As noted in #35322 prompting for a merge request ID to utilize Visual Review tools creates friction for users trying to preview and use the feature. There is a gap here in our own sample applications (https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/project-templates and https://gitlab.com/pages) that don't come with this wired in for projects that are using review apps.
The intent of this feature is it gets more end users like Parker and Presley using the Visual Reviews. This is enabled by auto-wiring in the
<script> so that Sasha (Software Developer) doesn't have to.
Simply updating the templates to add in the
script will enable users to see visual review tools in action.
Later we can automatically wire this into review apps as detailed in #35322.
Update these Pages examples and project-templates to have visual reviews pre-configured. Include in the README.md how this works and how to disable the functionality.
Permissions and Security
- Update the docs of the projects to reflect this feature and how to turn it off.
- Update the docs for visual review tools to list the project templates that incorporate this functionality built in.
Availability & Testing
- We will need to test all the templates to ensure this works
- Instructions for removal will need to be validated.
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- A user can clone at least one project template, add some code and run a pipeline, and utilize the visual review tools feature in that project.
This feature is intended to increase the number of review apps that can make use of Visual Review tools. Success will be measured by the number of times review apps are launched along side visual reviews and we expect a 10% or greater improvement 30 days after this feature is launched.