Create an option to archive/unarchive Groups
Problem to solve
There is an ability to archive a project within a group, but there is no ability to archive an entire group with GitLab today.
If a product is mothballed, the operations team would like to archive the GitLab Group (& projects) so that it no longer appears within the GitLab UI like an active product that is under development.
Within the Admin Area, add a UI feature for "Archive group" to the "Edit Group" screen in GitLab.
- When archived, a group and its contents will be hidden from the main Group listing (outside of Admin Area)
- When archived, a group and its contents will be visible within the Admin Area only
- When archived, a group and its contents can be unarchived by locating the group within the Admin Area, clicking "Edit Group" and select "unarchive"
- When archived, a group and its contents will not appear in the search results, unless the search specifically focuses on archived content
- When archived, open issues within projects of a group get closed automatically
- When archived, related issues show an indicator "archived"