Operator view for all group-level cluster deployments/environments
Problem to solve
Currently, users of a project-level cluster can see environments created via deployments as well as pod usage (when using deploy boards) of their cluster via the Operations>>Environments page. However, a cluster administrator who configures a group/instance level cluster cannot see the environments deployed to the cluster nor pods in use by each environment unless they check the "environments" page project by project.
- Provide an "Environments" tab on the group-level cluster page
- Provide a global view of environments created via GitLab deployments to the cluster (only available environments for MVC, stopped environments available as a follow up.
- Provide a view of pod count for each environment (perhaps correct use of deploy boards could be a requirement here)
- Provide a link to "environments" portion for each project
The operator is less concerned about "what" is being deployed and more with the usage of the resources in the cluster, for example:
- number of environments created via a GitLab deployment
- pods used for particular environments
- total pods being used in cluster
For group clusters, add a tab on the individual cluster page that shows deployments to that cluster. That tab will include a table that lists deployments per project. It will show the number of pods used. The total number of pods used in that cluster will be shown next to the column label.
Empty state copy:
No deployments found
Ensure your environment is part of the deploy stage of your CI pipeline to track deployments to your cluster.
Permissions and Security
The same user-type who can see the "Kubernetes" menu currently should be able to see the "environments" page.
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?