Custom group-level templates are not accessible for users with 'Developer' role
When a project maintainer sets a group to be the designated "custom group-level project template", the new templates are only accessible to users with Maintainer or above permissions. This should be accessible to any role that has access to create new projects per the documentation. Currently, it looks like it was improperly scoped to the maintainer role https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/blob/master/ee/app/models/ee/user.rb#L184
Steps to reproduce
- Setup custom group-level project templates
- Login as a user with
developerrole that has the ability to create projects.
- Attempt to create a project from a custom project template
4) The project templates will be empty for the
- Login as a
- Create a new project from template
7) the project templates will be selectable for
What is the current bug behavior?
Developers cannot see project templates, even though they are able to create projects.
What is the expected correct behavior?
Developer role can access project templates and start projects from them.