Swift Package Manager MVC
Problem to solve
The Swift Package Manager is a tool for managing distribution of source code. The tool directly addresses the challenges of compiling and linking Swift packages, managing dependencies, versioning, and supporting flexible distribution and collaboration models.
Developers using Swift to build and deploy software on GitLab, need a mechanism for building, publishing and sharing packages.
Add support for Swift packages to the GitLab Package Registry. As an MVC, we will focus on:
- Set your GitLab project as a remote Swift repository.
- Authenticate using your personal access, deploy, or job token.
- Allow users to publish Swift packages to their GitLab project.
- Allow those packages to be downloaded from that project.
- Display Swift packages and basic metadata in the user interface
- Measure a count of events using Snowplow
Beyond the MVC
- Extract and present all of a package's metadata
- Link pipeline and build info with packages build using GitLab CI
- Usage ping tracking