Communicate to the Web IDE the services running in the CI build
We need a way to communicate to the BE and also FE which are the services running in the CI build. For example, if we end up creating 100 CI build services, we can't iterate over all of them and let them make requests to check if they're active or not.
We can implement this two ways:
- Let the build/runner communicate to the BE/FE the services that are actually running. This option has two benefits:
- if for whatever reason a service cannot be created in the build we can avoid the extra query from FE to check if the service is running.
- Everything will be synced
- We can also get the status of the service. For example, imagine we have several services and we add a new one. This new service uses a big new docker image and it takes some time to download and start it. In this scenario, the other services may be available but not this last one. If we add the status of the service to the build response we can start using the previous services and wait only for the last one instead of delaying all the work until the last one is done.
- Get the services available from the Web IDE configuration. This case will be easier, but it may not be an actual representation of the services running in the build, because one of the may have failed to start.