Datepicker component discussion and iterations
Questions and discussion
- Does there need to be two separate interactions for entering a date manually vs picking from the calendar? What problem is this solving? What is the difference between the
open on focusand
defaultdatepicker interactions here and why do we have both?
- Can the calendar trigger on click of the date in the input while still allowing a user to manually enter dates?
- If the user can trigger the calendar on click of the input, what will the calendar icon indicate?
- How might a user clear or reset the date they have selected? Use case- a user sets a due date and realizes they don't want ANY date set there- but they don't know how to clear it.
- Inside of the input?
- Inside of the calendar?
- Outside of the input (I personally don't like this option)
- Can we combine start and end date into one experience somehow?
- Current behavior: Only clicking on the calendar icon opens calendar but clicking on the date itself does not open the calendar until trying to click out or enter the date (?).
- Proposal: Clicking anywhere into the input opens calendar.
- Current behavior: When calendar is open, clicking into the date within the input the manually update it closes the calendar.
- Proposal: The calendar remains open for reference while a user is updating the date manually.
- Current behavior: Once a date has been set, it can't be cleared using the datepicker component itself.
- Proposal: The user can reset or clear their dates from the datepicker.
|Clear date from calendar (my preference)||Clear date from input|