Revert "Merge branch '4097-branch-is-no-longer-checked-out-when-using-refspec' into 'master'"
What does this MR do?
Revert the fix for missing branch: #4097 (comment 156508723).
The reasons for doing that:
- The feature never worked as intended,
- It worked by only for
default_branchbecause we did
git fetchis used, the
default_branchis never updated,
- None of other branches is accessible using local reference.
- This adds severe performance regression:
git fetchfrom remote source, for GitLab EE it adds at least 3.3MB of extra traffic for each CI job.
curl 'https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack' > /dev/null
The fix is simple if done from
script: git push -f heroku HEAD:master
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Documentation created/updated
- Added tests for this feature/bug
In case of conflicts with
master- branch was rebased
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Related to #4097 (closed)