Resolve "Override squash commit message"
CE-counterpart of https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/merge_requests/9464
What does this MR do?
Add a possibility to have a squash commit with editable commit message when choosing to merge MR squashing commits.
Squash commits enabled
Although modifying the author of the squash commit is out of scope for this issue, I've included it in the mockup above to get an overall idea of the feature.
The "Use an existing commit message" dropdown allows the user to pick an existing commit message to replace the text in the textbox.
Squash commits not enabled
The UI for modifying merge commit has been changed for the sake of consistency.
The include MR description toggle link has been changed into a checkbox which is a better design pattern.
The hover color of the gray bar is
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Tested in all supported browsers
- Conforms to the code review guidelines
- Conforms to the merge request performance guidelines
- Conforms to the style guides
- Conforms to the database guides
- Link to e2e tests MR added if this MR has Requires e2e tests label. See the Test Planning Process.
- Security reports checked/validated by reviewer
Closes #47149 (closed)