Resolve "gitlab 10.8 assumes that installation is a git working copy."
What does this MR do?
Gitlab::REVISION with a
Gitlab.revision which handles installation that don't have a
.git directory. In that case,
Gitlab.revision will return
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
This is a quick fix to resolve the %10.8 regression, but I've suggested a more long-term improvement in https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/46600#note_74743108 where we'd use a new
REVISION file and update it at release time.
omnibus-gitlab!2540 (merged) needs to be released in the same release as this fix.
Why was this MR needed?
Because otherwise the revision would be set to
fatal: Not a git repository, which isn't very helpful.
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Conform by the code review guidelines
- Has been reviewed by a Backend maintainer
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- If you have multiple commits, please combine them into a few logically organized commits by squashing them
End-to-end tests pass (
package-and-qamanual pipeline job)
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Closes #46600 (closed)