Prepare 10.8 RC13 release
Main release issue: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/45897
This MR prepares
10-8-stable for %10.8 (
RC13) by merging
MR Filter for ~"Pick into 10.8" MRs
Note to leave in MRs
Picked into https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/merge_requests/19033, will merge into `10-8-stable` ready for `10.8 RC13` /unlabel ~"Pick into 10.8"
- Cherry-pick gitlab-org/gitlab-ce!18816 (merged)
- This can be done by checking out
10-8-stable-prepare-rc13locally and using
git cherry-pick -m1 MERGE_COMMIT_SHA
- Note: The quickest way to check the
MERGE_COMMIT_SHAis to go the Discussion tab in the Merge Request. The merge commit SHA will be visible right before the comment of it being merged. Sometimes the merge commit SHA will not be available in the Discussion tab, in those cases you have to look for it in the commits tab for
- Push changes every so often and verify that the MR has been included
- Leave a note in the MR so others can easily see that it is on track to be included in a release.
- Remove the ~"Pick into 10.8" label.
- If there are any conflicts while picking MRs then attempt to resolve them; otherwise, create a new MR against the
10-8-stable-prepare-rc13branch and assign it to the author of the conflicting files.
- Merge CE-to-EE using one of the workflows described in the Merge CE stable changes to EE docs
- Note: Often, after a release has been tagged, the
eewill have a conflict. Accept the
- Once this MR is green merge it to stable, preferably with a manual fast-forward merge to minimize waiting time, as described in Merging preparation MRs into stable
Changes marked ~"Pick into 10.8" have been picked
No new commits have introduced directly to the stable branch while this MR was in progress. If there are, ensure these are merged into EE and check for a green pipeline after merging this MR.