Resolve "Import from GitLab.com fails (destination already exists and is not an empty directory error)."
What does this MR do?
Avoids retrying Import/Export jobs until https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/26189 is fixed. Retrying doesn't work and was hiding the original error (as subsequent retries will fail with a different one).
import_error contains only the last attempt error message, making it difficult to debug issues using the Import/Export.
This also fixes an issue importing certain services https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/42327#note_56135663 that was disguised because of the retry mechanism not working.
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Has been reviewed by UX
- Has been reviewed by Frontend
- Has been reviewed by Backend
- Has been reviewed by Database
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- Squashed related commits together
- Internationalization required/considered
End-to-end tests pass (
package-qamanual pipeline job)
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Closes #42327 (closed)