Replace absolute URLs on related branches/MRs with relative url to avoid hostname
What does this MR do?
- Replace absolute URLs on related branches/MRs with relative url to avoid hostname
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
I tested this with a relative URL but I don't think that is the actual issue because it works before this fix.
I think the problem is the same as https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/39364 and the
hostname not being honored with the
_url helper. So we switch the to relative
_path helpers which do not include the
hostname and handle a relative URL just fine.
Why was this MR needed?
When using a different hostname, the URL would point to something that doesn't exist (404). In the local development case, this may work because
localhost still responds.
I think this was broken since 8.7 when we started using the
_urlhelpers for related MRs/branches, https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/merge_requests/3678/diffs#ad9731dd71c7dbcf115e11bf539028679eba6fe9_70_70 - Is this reasonable or is the
hostnamechanged often and someone would have run into this sooner?
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
Tests added for this feature/bug
- Do we have tests for a relative URL setup somewhere?
- Has been reviewed by Frontend
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- Squashed related commits together
- Internationalization required/considered
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Closes #40555 (closed)