Fix the fork project functionality for projects with hashed storage
What does this MR do?
Switches from the gitlab-shell
fork-project command to
fork-repository. This allows projects using hashed storage to be forked.
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
Previously, gitlab-shell would refuse to create missing parent directories. Now it creates them. They're expected to be missing for hashed storage, I think.
Why was this MR needed?
Forking projects backed by hashed storage is currently broken. This is No Good.
Screenshots (if relevant)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Has been reviewed by Backend
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- Squashed related commits together
- Internationalization required/considered
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Closes #40711 (closed)