"Create merge request" doesn't allow use of existing branch
On the issue detail page, if you've already created a branch and pushed commits to it, the "Create merge request" drop-down doesn't allow you to use that branch.
Steps to reproduce
- Create an issue.
- Create a branch whose name starts with the issue number, e.g.
- Create one or more commits on that branch and push them to the GitLab remote.
- Refresh the issue page. (Note that the branch you've pushed is detected as related to the issue.)
- Click the "Create merge request" drop-down.
What is the current bug behavior?
The "Create merge request" drop-down gives you options of:
- "Create merge request and branch"
- "Create branch"
What is the expected correct behavior?
I expect to see an option of:
- "Use related branch", which would create a merge request from the existing branch which you've just pushed (which has already been detected and is displayed on the issue as a related branch).
Relevant logs and/or screenshots
Meme-annotated screenshot attached
Output of checks
This bug happens on GitLab.com