Generate shareable link for specific charts in metrics dashboard
Problem to solve
As part of the embedding work we are doing for Monitor, we need the ability to share individual charts on the metrics dashboard.
This issue will add the 'share chart' link into the dropdown we are creating as part of https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/63197.
This work contributes to the Incident Management Vision
Cluster Metric charts are NOT a part of this scope. This is captured in this issue https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/65187.
- We will introduce an option to
generate link to chartin the menu created as part of https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/63197
- User clicks dropdown menu for chart
- User clicks the Generate Link to Chart option
- Link is copied to clipboard
- The generated URL, along with a success message, will show up in a toast message in the bottom left-hand side of the page as shown in the designs
- Link contain query params for the dashboard, panel title, and chart title as well as an anchor tag to the location of that chart on the metrics dashboard
- Format could look like:
The scope of this issue it to provide the user with a way to copy a link to the metric. Embedding this link in an issue and unfurling the specific metrics is captured in #62971 (closed)
|Menu option||toast message|