Create sprint milestone and release milestone
- Currently, it is not obvious to users that milestones can be used as Agile sprints and as releases.
- Make it more obvious to people who use milestones during the milestone creation flow.
- On the milestone list page, have dedicated buttons to create a sprint milestone or a release milestone.
- When you click on them, you go to a dedicated new milestone web form.
- For the new sprint milestone web form, the sprint title is pre-populated with
Week 23 sprintto encourage teams to retain the word "sprint" in their milestone titles. Similar, for the new release milestone web form, the release title is pre-populated with
Version 2.5to encourage teams to retain the word "version" in the milestone titles.
- The other fields depend on the values needed. In particular, description is not needed.
- When you create the actual milestone, there is no difference in the system. The fields are not changed in the backend. So when you go to edit a milestone, everything remains the same.