Track milestone changes explicitly for system notes
- Track milestone changes explicitly in the system, as events.
- System notes should use this new data architecture.
- Applies to project milestones and group milestones.
- Applies to issues and merge requests.
- In each event, track the following:
- Who made the change.
- What the previous milestone was. Could be none.
- What the new milestone is. Could be none.
- The timestamp.
System note text copy:
@victorwu changed milestone to 11.1 · less than a minute ago
@victorwu removed milestone · less than a minute ago
The milestone should link to the milestone page if it exists.
If the milestone does not exist (it was deleted), render the milestone title as regular text without a link.
This text should be internationalized to support translations.
We will not migrate any old system note data. These requirements only apply to new changes to milestone change events, and how system notes are presented.