Add Metrics to Operations Tab
Many of our Operations related features can be hard to find. Metrics is buried within an icon for an individual environment, and pod logs are buried insight of deploy boards.
While these work flows make sense, we should add a way to get to them directly from the Operations tab that is now available in 11.0.
With the addition of the
Operations tab, we should continue to add operations related features to it. One obvious one is our existing metrics support. This will drastically increase the discoverability of the feature, as well as make it more accessible.
We should add a new
Metrics item to the Operations tab as follows:
- First item underneath the Operations tab, move Environments lower
- Clicking on Operations now opens this screen, instead of Environments
- Upon initial view, we show the
productionenvironment, if one exists.
- If Prometheus isn't enabled, show the standard empty state with the button to configure it.
productiondoesn't exist, show an empty state staying the
productionenvironment was not found with a link to the CI/CD environment documentation..
- Clicking on the monitoring button for an environment will take you to this page, for the environment in question.
The items order:
- Pod logs
Prometheus is disabled
- It shows the Prometheus empty state we created (https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/42558).
Production doesn't exist
- Header title: "No deployed environments"
- Description: "Check out the CI/CD documentation on deploying to an environment"
- Button label: "Learn about environments"
|Prometheus is disabled||Production doesn't exist|