Operations Tab MVC
In the next few months, we will begin to deliver more and more Operations related features, for example:
- Tracing: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/4753
- Logging: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/4752
- Alerting: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/5158
We also already have a few features related to operations, such as:
- Kubernetes clusters
We should consider how we want to organize our UI to logically present this data to our users.
Create a new
Operations top level item in the sidebar, after the CI/CD tab. Initially as an absolute minimum MVC it would then contain the below. If someone were to click on
Operations directly they would be shown the Environments screen.
- Existing Environments list from the CI/CD section
- Kubernetes cluster
- Existing Kubernetes cluster screen
The icon for the new Operations section is
Since Environments and Kubernetes are moving to Operations, they need to be removed from CI / CD.