Assign group milestone from ancestor groups to issue or merge request
- Given I am in an issue or merge request, assign any group milestone that is in an ancestor group (not just the parent group).
- Sidebar assignment in an issue or merge request.
- Sidebar assignment in issue board card.
- Quick actions.
API should be updated.(https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/36862#note_76272967)
Update the group burndown chart scope so that a group burndown chart considers all issues nesting down in all subgroups' projects. I.e. we weren't able to do it originally (https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/3064#note_68150464), but now we should update it that feature to support it.(https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/36862#note_76272967)
Not in scope
- https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/30106 is viewing these issues in the group list. That is not in scope.
- https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/3342 is viewing these issues in a group board. That is not in scope.
Current problem for me is that I have a lot of microservies all in their own repo and some of them in subgroups. I would now like to do a code iteration and track it with a milestone. Which works for every project that's not in a subgroup.
As it might be unwanted by some people I would be fine with having it as opt-in on a group milestone.
Pretty much every team that is working on a iteration together but has multiple projects in their group.