Drupal is setting up it's trial GitLab instance and are having trouble with the permission management workflow.
- User A goes to Project X and opens an issue describing a problem.
- User A opens a merge request to address that problem (whether through using an inline code editor, or by creating a feature branch for the issue, perhaps)
- User B sees a bug in user A's merge request, and is able to update the merge request with a fix.
- User C is the project maintainer, and can accept the merge request.
- Neither User A nor User B should have to do any special 'requesting' of access, and User C should not have to grant special permissions.
- Users have to be granted access either individually by the admin (user C above) or as a whole for all users to be able to contribute.