Create merge request via email with branch name
We already have a 'create patch' function in the UI.
It would be convenient if you can also upload a patch file and create an MR from that.
- Similar to a flow where pull / merge requests are mediated through email: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/submitting-patches.html.
- Create a remote branch from the project's repo (or a fork of the project) on your local machine.
- Push changes to the remote branch.
- Send an email to a special email address. Indicate the branch in the email.
- GitLab automatically detects the branch in the email and creates a merge request.
- GitLab responds back to the author (via email), with a link to the merge request.