Allow more customization to Help landing page
Currently, GitLab supports adding some custom 'Help page text' to the landing page at /help. While this is a nice feature, it is insufficient for our needs. We are running a modified fork of gitlab-ce with our own help page here: https://git.ng.bluemix.net/help
I’d like to propose some of the changes we need here for discussion before submitting a merge request.
- Need admin-provided 'Help page text' section to be at the top of the page rather than tucked under the GitLab marketing section. Either move the marketing section down into the README.md with the rest of the docs, or replace it when a user specifies custom text.
- Optionally hide the GitLab revision just as we hide the version status badge
- Optionally provide alternate URL for 'See our website for getting help' link
- Optionally hide links to ‘Get a support subscription’ and ‘Compare GitLab editions'
- Create a new Help section in Application Settings. Move 'Help page text' here and add the options described above.
I don't see any general documentation for application settings, so not sure what would be needed here. I envision the settings to hopefully be labeled in a self-explanatory manner.