Email image URLs do not include relative URL
Zendesk reference: https://gitlab.zendesk.com/agent/tickets/66661
In notification emails, all links include the relative URL (if any). However, image URLs do not appear to honor the relative URL. This was reported by the customer in the reference ticket, but I can also reproduce this on 8.17 in a test instance.
Steps to reproduce
- Create a test instance with a relative URL. External URL should be in format
- Create a project and set the project to require at least one approval.
- Make sure you have at least 2 users as members of a test project.
- As the first user, create a new branch, add/edit a file and create a merge request.
- As the second user, approve the merge request.
- As the first user, see the approval notification email. Notice the image URLs neglect to include the relative URL.
In the below example, notice
assets is right after the base URL, without the
/gitlab relative URL. This seems to be the case for any use of 'image_url` in emails.
<img alt=3D"GitLab" height=3D"50" src=3D"http://172.16.219.130/assets/maile= rs/ci_pipeline_notif_v1/gitlab-logo-153749eaa7ea6fafcb995161abd3247bc4c4500= f31498b0c4024f50093983ac0.gif" width=3D"55" style=3D"-ms-interpolation-mode= : bicubic; height: auto; max-width: 100%" />
Of interest, links seem to be rendered properly:
<a href=3D"http://172.16.219.130/gitlab/root/test/merge_requests/1" style= =3D"-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; color: #377= 7b0; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none">!1</a>