[Meta] Improve combined settings views
Combined settings has made these pages difficult to use
From our user study:
The ‘Project settings’ page is overwhelming, it contains a long list of options and it’s hard for users to find what they are looking for. In addition, we also provide ‘Sharing and Permissions’ on the Settings page, subsequently some users thought they could add a new member to a project / see all members of a project from this page.
We should review all settings pages to ensure they are not too overbearing. They should be simple to use, despite the amount of content.
- Collapse/expand long sections
- When reloading the page (for example when creating a new variable) we should make sure the correct item is opened again and scrolled to for the user
Note that not all setting pages will need expandable sections but all settings pages should be reviewed to ensure the design is in line with the new design of the sections.
- Project settings - Repository https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/30378
- Project settings - CI/CD Pipelines
- Project settings - Integrations https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/34059
- Project settings - General https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/34060
- Project settings - Members https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/34727
- Project settings - Pages
- Group settings - General
- Group settings - Webhooks
- Group settings - Audit events
|Current problem||Slack example||Gitlab Integrations example|