Pro-active .gitlab-ci.yml creation
Auto deploy is not automatic yet. It requires you to actively seek it out by doing a number of complex steps.
I propose we push the user to start using .gitlab-ci.yml and in turn all the magic that is there, by automatically recognising the project and offering the best template we have.
When you push a commit to a new project, we:
- (optionally / future) check what kind of project it is and whether auto deploy is available for this type of project
- show a flash message to the user with a CTA to set up auto deploy / CI
- send a notification email to set up auto deploy / CI
We can consider doing this for all project that don't have CI set up starting with the GitLab version that we introduce this to.
If the user does not have CI Runners set up, we:
- show a flash message to set up CI Runners, with a link to the documentation
if the user does not have environments, we
- do a similar thing, but link to environment / review apps documentation