To reduce risk during a deploy, a common practice is to deploy new code to a (small) portion of the production fleet.
Provide canary template for
.gitlab-ci.yml, update auto deploy template, handle/display simultaneous different versions in deployboard.
.gitlab-ci.ymlfor auto-deploy to include a
canarystage as an optional manual action
- Handle/display simultaneous different versions in deployboard
- Augment environment list and deployment histories to understand simultaneous different versions
Links / references
- Depends on https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/21413
- Alternative proposal: incremental rollout strategy
- Pausing and Resuming a Deployment
- Canary deployments