GitLab fails to import GitHub Wiki
GitLab importer failure: it looks like it imports the repo, but not the content. Creates an empty repo.
Steps to reproduce
Experience 1 (my own):
- Imported public repo hosted on GitLab.com to my GitLab.com account, using the "Repo by URL" option, with the HTTPS link
- GitLab created an empty repo
- Deleted the project
Note: that happened once or twice, it doesn't happen every time we try to import. Perhaps the repo was too big and timed out?
- From gitlab-com/www-gitlab-com!3096 (merged)
- User (@gitpitch) imported a repo from GitHub
- Repo was imported normally
- Wikis weren't imported
- He tried to clone and push it from local computer
- GitLab responded that the repo already existed:
git clone https://gitlab.com/gitpitch/gitpitch.wiki.git Cloning into 'gitpitch.wiki'... warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.
GitLab importing everything normally.
GitLab imports an empty repo
- gitlab-com/www-gitlab-com!3096 (comment 15375763)
- gitlab-com/www-gitlab-com!3096 (comment 15404526)
- gitlab-com/www-gitlab-com!3096 (comment 15414401)