Reorder issue in issue board list
#25698 (closed) Issue board as a workflow tool
- Typically, teams use the presented order in a board list (sometimes called column) to imply prioritization.
- Order may also imply the time order of developing or shipping a set of features.
- Provide a mechanism to reorder a single issue with respect to other items in that same list.
- The order should be saved so that it persists across page refreshes.
- If you reorder an issue on one board, it may affect the issue's relative order in another board. That is okay.
Out of scope
- There may be a need to reorder multiply issues at a time or even some type of sorting. That is not in scope.
- What happens when issues are moved across lists? That is not defined for this feature.
- What happens if labels are changed for an issue? That is out of scope. The focus of this issue solves the scenario only when in the board view.