Description including problem, use cases, benefits, and/or goals
Developers need to track the state of and interact with various environments such as staging and production.
- Augment .gitlab-ci.yml syntax to allow declaring environments for deploys
- Add an environments list view, including what SHA is currently running
- Add an environment detail view including history of deploys
production: stage: deploy script: run-deployment $OMNIBUS_GITLAB_PACKAGE environment: production
environment is just a hint for GitLab that this job actually did deployment to this environment. After looking for jobs and environments we can show what changes were deployed where.
(The mockup shows Environments in the side-bar, but this should be under a Pipelines tab in the side-bar, following #17008 (closed).)
Links / references
- From #3743 (closed) (GitLab Pipeline)
- Mockup from https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/3743#note_5112792
- Depends on #17008 (closed)