Markdown tables: fit-to-contents
Add option or change default behavior so that Markdown tables render with fit-to-contents rather than fit-to-window.
The Markdown Tables currently expand to fit the window width.
On ultrawide monitors, this looks terribad, especially for tables with few columns:
With the change, it could look like:
- Change default behavior to fit-to-contents rather than fit-to-window
- Add an option that defines the behaviour
- Is it even possible to do in Markdown?
- If so, I think this is the better option.
In User Preferences?
Given that this is a purely aesthetic change, I don't think there are any issues with changing the default behavior.
- This applies to both user layout preferences