Make Repository#has_visible_content more efficient
What does this MR do?
Add two more efficient implementations of Repository#has_visible_content?. The
gitaly_has_local_branches feature flag toggles between the two.
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
Why was this MR needed?
We have learned that this method is called a lot, and that it is slow on repositories with many branches.
Screenshots (if relevant)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Has been reviewed by UX
- Has been reviewed by Frontend
- Has been reviewed by Backend
- Has been reviewed by Database
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- Squashed related commits together