Docs feedback - feature proposal: Issue Dependency
Problem to solve
Lack of semantic information in the feature of Related Issues
All users who are interested in planning the work they will do on a proyect. By visualizing the dependencies issues have on each other, we can allocate resources more efficiently in order to make good progress on big proyects.
Use cases mentioned above.
- Allow for the Related Issues feature to point out if a certain Issue is prerequisite (or co-requisite, but that's another feature possibly) of another.
- Allow for a Board View of the dependency tree of current Open Issues. This will let users view clearly where are the bottlenecks in future development, and plan accordingly.
Permissions and Security
Permissions and Security are not changed at all.
This would probably require a diagram (for visually able users) and a really good written description for screen reader users.
The testing of this should be straightforward. It's a small expansion of an already existing feature, and therefore most of the infrastructure should already be in place.
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
Success would be measured in 2 direct and 1 indirect way:
- Direct: users are able to discover and use the feature easily. This can be measured by journaling when and where do users use it for the first time.
- Direct: a representative amount of users use the feature regularly for some of their projects. This is measurable by normal means.
- Indirect: the feature helps users in a measurable way. This could be measured somewhat by surveys, but never directly since you can't really compare two alternate timelines for a project and see how the teams involved performed with and without the feature.
Links / references