Quick add related issues
Problem to solve
Add the ability to quickly add related issues to a parent issue. For example, when splitting an issue it would be useful to quickly be able to create related issues with the same labels automatically added.
The 'Add Related Issue' could be used to set the title of the related issue:
I think it should be easy enough to keep the current behaviour while adding this.
To keep current behaviour:
- Look for
#to link an issue number
- Look for a a valid URI only (no other text) in the field
To add new behaviour:
- Anything without starting with
#or that is not a valid URI will be treated as the Issue title.
- Add labels and other metadata will be copied to the new issues (Assignee, Milestone? Maybe not weight + due date?).
This would allow users to quickly add related issues.
Similar behaviour exists in Jira: https://youtu.be/7Q_YCaagA18?t=47
User quickly wants to add related issues from a bullet point:
- User pastes the each bullet point into the Related Issues form
- User hits 'add' to create the issue
- Related issue is created with the Bullet Point as the title of the Issue. Labels are copied over from the original issue.
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
Perhaps measure the time between multiple related issues are created? Talk to customers.