Validate the Puma performance pattern for different memory configurations
Extending the https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/62876 we should validate the Puma performance in memory-constrained environments:
- We should investigate how memory-constrained environments affect RPS,
- We should investigate how increased GC pressure affects RPS,
- We should understand how Puma Memory Killer affects RPS (should we lower or make this setting higher).
- We should have a clear guideline of how the available memory affects the given configuration of Puma (worker/threads),
- We should have a proposal for default Puma Memory Killer values that should be put as our defaults,
- We should have a proposal for worker/threads configuration of Puma for: a. low-performance environments (slow CPUs), b. low memory environments.
As a result:
- We should have Omnibus MR that resolves the omnibus-gitlab#3896 (closed),
- Update our documentation guidelines.