Embed Zoom Call in Issue MVC
Problem to solve
When users are in the middle of a fire-fight they need a way to collaborate. One of these collaboration methods is via conference call. By enabling users to attach a zoom link to an issue and highlight that a call is in-progress at the top of an issue, we...
- Help users quickly access a shared collaboration platform during a fire-fight when time means money
- Enable users who are joining the fire-fight at different times find the on-going call
- Give users a single place to join the fire-fight call AND get up to speed on the incident in questions
This issue supports the Incident Management Vision
- Users can paste zoom links in description, system auto-detects link and displays button to join zoom meeting under title for issue
- Button will persist as long as the link remains in the description
- To remove the button, link needs to be removed from description
Permissions and Security
Anyone who can view the issue will see the Zoom button
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
By project, we see users adding zoom links to issues with the
incident label and stable retention week over week
We need to track:
- If an issue gets a zoom link added to it. We could use a boolean value to indicate this. The value would start out as false and change to true the first time we detect a zoom link on the issue and it would remain true.
- issues_using_zoom = % of all issues that have the
incidentlabel AND there was zoom link detected. We can group this by group, project, instance
- Retention of this feature: issues_using_zoom week over week following release