Auto DevOps : Helm cannot upgrade over initial failed release
Steps to reproduce
- Have a failed Helm release (e.g. forgot to set base domain)
- Fix issue from 1, run Auto DevOps pipeline again
- Failure below occurs
$ deploy secret "review-secrets-ayz3io-secret" deleted secret "review-secrets-ayz3io-secret" replaced Initializing... Error: UPGRADE FAILED: "review-secrets-ayz3io" has no deployed releases ERROR: Job failed: exit code 1
- This seems to only occur if ALL releases for that chart have only ever failed.
- If there is a successful release in the past, then Helm can upgrade over a previously failed release
- Run the following script locally. For the
production. For other jobs, run
helm lswhich should show you which chart to delete.
$ tiller -version v2.13.0 $ export KUBE_NAMESPACE=<CI_PROJECT_NAME>-<CI_PROJECT_ID> $ export TILLER_NAMESPACE=$KUBE_NAMESPACE $ tiller -listen localhost:44134 &  28659 $ export HELM_HOST="localhost:44134" $ helm init --client-only $ helm delete <chart-name> --purge --tiller-namespace $KUBE_NAMESPACE release "<chart-name>" deleted
- Retry the deploy job