WebIDE client evaluation with live preview
- see a button to activate (and deactivate) client evaluation live preview
We might be able to use the current version of
smooshpack and self-hosted bundler (https://github.com/CompuIves/codesandbox-client/blob/master/packages/app/src/sandbox/npm/fetch-dependencies.js) and rely on the codesandbox.io packager. The packager receives a list of dependencies and tries to return them from the cache or generates them on the fly.
We should make it possible for the feature to be enabled/disabled since self-hosted customers may be uncomfortable with even dependency list being sent out of the GitLab instance.
- add the ability for Admins to enable/disable the feature for the instance
- enabled for all projects, but share link disabled for Private and Internal
Technically, to make this work, we will also need to make
package.jsonwhen the Web IDE loads (if the file exists) to detect if client evaluation is available for the project
- automatically download to the browser all files if the user enabled client-side evaluation
- add Vue.js and React project templates, so a project can be created and opened in the Web IDE and it just works
- packaging service running on the GitLab instance
- Prettier and ESLint in the browser
- Run tests in the browser
|Not set up
- The pane can be toggled on/off by simply clicking the right sidebar icon.
- If the user hasn't set up the
browserentry point in
package.json, the "Not set up" screen is displayed.
- If the admin were to disable client evaluation, the right sidebar button should not appear.