Group badge support
Project badges (https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/41174) allow for the addition of badges on any project as opposed to being in the README.
Group badges allow for "templating" of badges, such that all projects in the group will inherit the group's badge template.
- Under group settings, there should be an area for "Project badges"
- Admins should be able to add, edit or delete badges
- Any project, in addition to its own badges, should display badges from the group
Group badge page
- It is on
project -> settings -> badges.
- It doesn't have the "Group badge" and "Project badge" labels on the badges list.
Edit a group badge
- After clicking
Editbutton on the badges list, you are brought to the "Edit" page.
- On "Edit" page, you can change the
Badge image link.
- If there is no link in the "Badge image link" field, it will show "No image to show" in the "Badge image preview".
- The "Save changes" button is disabled until you changed the existing setting.
Delete a group badge
- Clicking "Delete" button, and then it will have a modal to confirm with users.
- Providing the badge image in the modal to help users know which badge they are about to remove.\
You are going to delete this badge. Deleted badges cannot be restored.
|Group badge page||Edit a group badge||Deletion modal|
There are three types of error:
- Adding the badge failed, please try it again.
- Saving the badge failed, please try it again.
- Deleting the badge failed, please try it again.