Automatically create subdomain `<group>.gitlab-apps.com`
Auto DevOps and our Kubernetes integration is awesome and getting better, but managing a wildcard DNS is still a bit of a pain and a hurdle people need to cross before they can make full use of Auto DevOps. We should provide domains for people automatically.
- Automatically create subdomain such as
- Automatically create static IP and Let's Encrypt for
- Get Let's Encrypt to raise the limits on
- We might need to worry about cookies and the possibility that someone could (mis)configure their app to be susceptible to another subdomain setting a base domain cookie.
- Currently, Auto DevOps expects Let's Encrypt to be set up on your cluster. I don't know how we'd safely provide our ACME ID for this use.
- EE customer may want to provide this as well, but they might be able to get away without using subdomains, so existing
AUTO_DEVOPS_DOMAINmay be sufficient.
Links / references
What is it? Why should someone use this feature? What is the underlying (business) problem? How do you use this feature?
Who is this for? Provide one or more use cases.
Make sure these are completed before closing the issue, with a link to the relevant commit.