Navigation - Reduce header height and redesign active/hover/dropdown styles
- Reduce header height: Having as much vertical screen space as possible is very important to users. Being a fixed element, always visible on the screen, the header can be further reduced.
- Show all global links by default and collapse them into a “More” dropdown as space gets tighter (per https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/35091)
- Reduce size of GitLab logo and font size of global navigation elements
- Redesign header active/hover/dropdown styles: The current active style in the header boldens the text, which moves the links when navigating from page to page
- Change the icon of the “New…” button to
fa-plus-squareand move it to the left of the search bar
- Place “Help” inside the user dropdown for logged in users and in the global navigation for anonymous users