Artifacts created by jobs are sometimes useful to be rendered in a very specific way. They can be for example test output or reports. We already have a way to show HTML artifacts online (#34102 (closed)), but it is not the same case: it may not be possible to easily convert output into HTML pages, and sometimes we need to bind results directly to the specific job.
Implement specific CI Views for a defined set of artifacts, that will be identified and rendered in a specific way. Artifacts will also be available using the generic artifacts browser, the HTML viewer and can be downloaded.
Artifacts can be created and stored as usual, but we need some additional implementation to make it available.
- artifacts should be accessed easily in the view (retrieval could be similar to
codeclimate.jsonfor Code Quality)
.gitlab-ci.ymlmust define a syntax to set the viewer we want to use for the specific job
artifacts: paths: - name: codeclimate.json type: codequality - name: gl-sast-report.json type: sast
The list of CI Views we want to implement is the following:
- 10.5 | JUnit/xUnit: #17081 (moved)
- Selenium: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/6061
- SAST: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/3776
- Code Quality: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/4189