Usage ping data for integrations
We want to understand how our customers are using different project service integrations. This will help with:
- ~karu efforts such as telling customers their feature usage (https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/30469) and equipping our customer success / sales folks to better understand which features customers are not using and help them use them (or explain to them what higher tiers offer. (https://dev.gitlab.org/gitlab/version-gitlab-com/issues/55).
- If there is demand for a particular integration, we would pursue more development in that area. This comes from qualitative data/feedback from various channels. But it also comes from just the data here in the usage ping.
- With this data, we will be able to more accurately measure if there is increased feature adoption (i.e. integration adoption) after new improvements are made. For example, if we work on new Slack/MM slash commands, we would like to observe if that helped with more people using it.
- In particular, in ~Discussion, JIRA integration is a high priority to capture more existing JIRA-using customers who need a git solution (as they migrate to git form older source control tech) and are choosing platforms such as Bitbucket and GitHub. Having this data will aid in that product development as explained above.
- In ~Discussion, Slack integration is also a priority from a ChatOps perspective.
For the usage ping, count number of projects that have
- JIRA enabled
- Slack notifications enabled
- Slack slash commands enabled
- Any other possible information regarding project service integrations