Eliminate project key in JIRA integration settings
- Remove project key in the JIRA integration settings.
- Make sure that the test settings functionality still works, and the error message is generic enough, i.e. consistent with: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/31511.
- Update the docs (@victorwu to do this) to make it explicit that the integration from GitLab to JIRA is:
- Gitlab Project <--> All JIRA projects in the same instance that are configured per https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/user/project/integrations/jira.html.
- Update the docs (@victorwu to do this) to make it explicit that the integration is based on transition ID. If an action on the JIRA side happens with the specified transition ID, then something will happen on the GitLab side, regardless of the project. Double check with engineer if other conditions, like permissions / groups on the JIRA side.
- The transition ID field should be updated to be
Transition id. (Since that is the wording in JIRA.)
- Any outgoing JIRA links from GitLab that do not refer to a specific JIRA issue should go to the main JIRA issues page, for example,
http://jira.gitlap.com:8080/issues. This is required because we are removing the project key.
- For example, in the GitLab UI, the issues tab links to JIRA currently. That link should now go to the main JIRA issues page with this issue (if the issues tab is shown at all).
There are few things to consider:
Project key- it seems that we use this key only for configuration testing - if it is like that we should consider removing this key.
General error message when configuration is not working - we should be more specific - if eg. credentials are correct and the only problem is a wrong transition id or project key we should try to provide that information. It might not be possible with current implementation however we should be able to change it.