MVP of online IDE and terminal
Step 1 of this IDE and terminal integration is just the terminal. We'll use Openshift for that for now. We need to link to the openshift console from our application.
- Connect to the terminal to access your review app docker container.
- Fix up any problems that are happening using the terminal UI.
From a frontend perspective let's use xterm.js to make a terminal-like application.
The integration will be:
- Upon load proper authentication and authorization tokens are provided to the client side JS.
- Client side JS will allow us to type commends into said terminal.
- Client side JS will make a direct connection to the docker container using said authentication and authorization tokens.
- Docker container will container a Ruby/ Node app to run a terminal command to it's file system. Make sure we exclude this app itself.
- Docker container get's the results of said command and returns a JSON response.
- Client side app gets the response and displays it on the terminal.
- We will be skipping the step to GitLab.com because it is unnecessary at the moment.