This is a meta issue for a collection of filter/search changes, so they can be understand and discussed in context.
- Allow meta filters in search field. e.g.
- Add autocomplete to meta filters in search field.
- Update search field with meta filters as use filters UI.
- Let users hide filters UI and/or put it behind an icon.
- When searching, treat multiple words as logical
AND, not an exact phrase.
NOT(e.g. using a
- Support boolean logic (
()), but only in the search field.
- Support exact phrases using quotation marks.
- Put filters and search on the same level. Entering a new search term shouldn't reset your filters and vice versa.
- Replace label filter UI w/ autocompleting tag interface, like in the issue edit view.
Add filter for
- Save often-used filters/searches
Links / references
Types of filters
As soon as you select the text field, a dropdown comes up to show you the types of filters you can use. You can select one of the options by clicking or hitting Enter. You can navigate the list with the arrow keys in your keyboard or by typing in the type of filter you want. If you type in a word that's not part of the list, a normal text search will be performed.