[Meta] Replace CI plan issues with issue board
Every month, we create a new issue to track the plan for the CI team. e.g. https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/21277
This is a waste. It gets out of date, takes redundant editing to keep up to date, and should be automated. We could improve meta issue handling, but really, we should enhance issue boards to support this case.
Just ideas right now. I'd love to flesh out a few potential designs.
- Need to be able to create new board outside of main
- Board needs to span multiple projects (we use
- Possible create new type of issue board that doesn't rely on
- Filter by milestone (milestone = 8.12), but easily switch to other milestones
- Bugs ((project=gitlab-ci && label = CI && label = bug) || (project = gitlab-ci-multi-runner && label = bug)
- Key Features (label = CI && label == direction)
- Front-end (label = CI && label = frontend)
- Back-end (label = CI && label = backend)
- Runner (project=gitlab-ci-runner && milestone = 1.5)
- Leftover (??)
- Stretch (label = CI && label = stretch)
- GitLab CE and GitLab Runner use different milestone labels. I don't want to push CE's milestone version onto Runner, but I don't want to hard-code milestones in each column either. Switching between months should be easy. I don't mind changing our process a little to make this work though. Just not sure how.
Links / references